Sunday, December 20, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Ranch Sauce

I got this recipe from a dear friend, Chris, aka Code. I thought it sounded great when she mentioned she made this for dinner, but I had no idea. DH loves this so much, I would be making this every week inf he had his way!

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Ranch Sauce - Found by my friend Code, from CDKitchen.com


Ingredients
  • 1 can (10-3/4 oz size) condensed cream of chicken soup (I use Healthy Request)
  • 1 cup sour cream ranch dip (Premade or dry mix with fat free sour cream)
  • 2/3 cup chopped green onions
  • 3 cups chopped cooked chicken **I use 2 chicken breasts, and get just a bit under 3 cups
  • 3/4 cup purchased buffalo wing sauce **or whatever you need to coat your chicken
  • 12 flour tortillas (6" size) **I can only fit 9 in my pan
  • 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese **I use monterey jack, not a fan of cheddar

Directions

-Heat oven to 350F. Spray 13x9" glass baking dish with cooking spray.
-In medium bowl, mix soup, dip and 1/3 cup of the onions.
-In large bowl, mix chicken and buffalo wing sauce until coated.
-Spoon 2 Tbsp soup mixture down center of each tortilla; set remaining mixture aside.
-Reserve 1/2 cup cheese for garnish. Top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture and scant 1/4 cup cheese.
-Fold sides of tortillas over filling; place seam side down in baking dish.
-Spoon remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
-Remove from oven. Uncover; sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup cheese and remaining 1/3 cup onions. Return to oven; bake uncovered about 5 min longer or until cheese is melted.

**Honestly, I'm lazy. I followed the baking directions the first few times, but now I prepare the enchiladas, top it with the cheese and onions, bake it uncovered for 20 minutes, and I'm done. I didn't notice any difference, and neither did DH. It's fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment