Saturday, December 19, 2009

BBQ Pulled Chicken

This is very tasty and easy to make. It's from The Rookie Chef, and I used the Coleslaw recipe she has as well, but I was making just a little bit for me only (DH is not a fan of coleslaw), so I didn't measure anything. It was enough for 2 meals for the 2 of us.

BBQ Pulled Chicken - from TheRookieChef.com





Ingredients:

  • 3 chicken breasts
  • 2 chicken bouillon cubes
  • 2 cups of water
  • BBQ sauce (I used hot and spicy!)
  • Coleslaw
  • Hamburger buns

Directions:

  • Place chicken breasts, bouillon cubs and two cups of water into your crockpot. Heat on low for 7-8 hours depending on how fast your crockpot cooks.
  • Take out chicken breasts and place in a bowl
  • Drain and rinse out crockpot
  • Gently shred chicken breasts with a fork and return to crockpot
  • Pour in as much or as a little BBQ sauce as you prefer. Keep mixing so that you cover all of the chicken
  • Turn crockpot to keep warm until BBQ has heated through
  • Slap a little butter on your buns (hamburger buns, geesh) and lightly toast in the toaster oven
  • Put a big scoop of BBQ pulled chicken on your bun, top with some coleslaw and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment